Friday, January 29, 2010

Good Woman

Readers, there are two things to consider in understanding the importance of this post.
  1. Yesterday was my first full day back to work & re-started Lit Review

  2. This morning I had to give a lecture in the car of why it is important to make good decisions in the classroom

These two things are the heart of why I needed coffee so bad this morning! I was on facebook, getting my morning fix while settling into my office, and read the post of the Good Woman (who will retain this nickname until we can come up with a better one or I can cleverly make Tim Gunn's Bestie more succinct) which explained the need to make coffee quickly. Just reading her post made me reach my hand out for my travel mug. Then, I reached again. Then, I got up and looked around my office. And I saw it... in my mind's eye, sitting on my table at home.

Readers, you know how there are mornings when you NEED a cup of coffee? This surpassed that, I required coffee to function on the most basic of levels today. The instinct of breathing would fail in me, that kinda requirement for coffee. I had not even had sips of my coffee this morning due to the car ride lecture (for the kid) & early carpool (for me) pick up.

I facebook complained to the Good Woman & Readers, and she brought me a cup of coffee!

Look at this, it is brimming with love and goodness and the stuff that make polar bears and bunnies cause that swell of affection in our hearts. It is lovely and warm, and being local totally allows the fact that I am wearing a little girl's flannel shirt under a smartassed Tshirt (Lady McBeth Hand Soap - Thanks da Sis & Mental Floss!) feel like a completely legitimate thing to wear to work. I am just so happy that I needed to have a big shout out for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment