Friday, January 29, 2010

I have catching up to do

And my favorite way to catch up is with bullets! Or bullet points, as I am not that angry of a person, with the surprising exception of board games. The following are all blog worthy tidbits about this past week:
  • I was taken to dinner twice this week! Once to Chick-fil-A (ahhhh!!!) with my pops, & the kid was able to get the peppermint chocolate milkshake he has been bugging me about all year ("Mom, it's your NYR, why is it effecting me so much!?!"). The next night, Eyelashes McGee took me out for my first of birthday celebratory meals at The Globe for penne pasta with chicken & an Irish coffee.

I would like to take a brief time out to write that I think the next two weeks are going to be filled with a lot of actual dinning out because it's my birthday soon, and I enjoy going to restaurants and spending time with people and usually this is my favorite type of present. I preface this because the blog may sound like it is losing that food goal rambling of things that I am working at. To that, I think this; I only have the month of February and then the next ten months are going to be my nemesis. I imagine the initial responses to my NYR garnered some friends treating to dinners and lunches, and then the birthday season, but after that... the novelty will have worn. In March, not only am I thinking it will be a very homebound meal lifestyle, but I may be traveling twice that month, and have to prep for how that will work out! That was it, my brief timeout to relate that I still feel totally on track.

  • We took a 26 year old to ChuckECheese for his birthday, and because of the time frame and that I had not eaten all day, my first true consideration of breaking this whole thing off came while pondering if there was anything to do to make ChuckECheese pizza not taste like total (fill in any profanity or body part here)! Maybe getting my first 100,000 ring in ski ball assisted my hunger to subside.
  • I went to book club, so excited to finally bring something that I had made. I got a recipe for couscous, I bought the ingredients the day before, it was on. Until life happened, and I was 45 minutes late to BC and came totally empty handed. Above you will see someone else' lovely edible creation (and no, I did not eat it, it's got green in it). There are angels walking this earth and they come in the form of women who put up with my never bringing food to BC and not kicking me out for being a sad book girl.
  • I had wine two times this week! Oh yeah! (goofy dancing at desk, if you know me you can see it!) Monday night with the dinner I made (Italian sausage w/ peppers {so Jersey Shore} over penne pasta in tomato and basil sauce) for Bean Maddow, and then for PR Night (I love Project Runway & Tim Gunn!) with The Good Woman. With the brain stuff it has been a slow road back to normal and that includes my alcoholic consumption.
  • Speaking of my big head, I also finally started back working on my literature review, or should stay have started over. Between considering giving up, giving it another year, or becoming a street performer, I had all but walked away from my phd program since the surgery. I just did not expect it (the head stuff) to be as hard as it was/is. Doesn't matter now, as I read last night my entire text book (which is littered with notes & highlights, none of which I am recalling ever looking at) and have started an outline. It is the most productive I have felt in a long time, even with all the cooking.

I think that's it that is noteworthy. I will be attempting a macaroni and cheese this Sunday and I am kinda excited about it. I have narrowed down a few recipes that I think might be good. If you happen to have a good one, please shoot it my way. I tend to have a great deal of arrogance about mac n' cheese and I am now on the hunt for the perfect (to me) mac n' cheese recipe. The quest has begun...





No comments:

Post a Comment