Monday, January 4, 2010

Day Four... last numbered day post


Readers, today I did not cook, but I did not go out either. Well, I went to the movies and saw "It's Complicated" which made me want to drink a lot of water and maybe smoke a little pot, as well for one of the first times in my life made me say "I really like her kitchen," and not have it mean because the it was filled with clothing. I did remember to bring a baggie of snacks for my girlfriend and I, but neither of us imbibed too much in them. Note to self mixing trail mix with sour skittles is not a good idea, in fact I don't think sour skittles mixes with anything!
Breakfast saw me having to say good bye to one of my top 10 favorite people on the face of this earth, so I could not eat much. I am an emotional eater at heart, and it is always really hard for me to say good-bye to people, especially someone as lovely as this woman is.
Today, I went to my most favorite of favorites places, Goodwill (I could spend my whole life Goodwill hunting). At the previously mentioned dinner party I did not have enough plates for everyone and I had to wash while company was here or use bowls, etc. There are only 3 peeps in my house & as you guys have been introduced so repetitiously to, we don't eat on them! At Goodwill, I found a set of 3 gorgeous greenish heavy plates and a set of two black with blue slashes (I got these plates in case I ever have a plate wall like D&OC (http://downandoutchic.blogspot.com/) always makes me want to have, until then we'll eat on them). I like having separate non-matching plates, like towels, it seems to make your house feel lived in and lived through. (Here are where pictures will come of plates)
Dinner was leftover lasagna and I know that it may not be that exciting for you, but I don't have leftovers at my house because if you don't cook you don't have leftovers. This made me think that I could make one large staple thing on Sunday and try to spend one week eating off of it through varying sides and components. I have seen it in Real Simple issues and so I am going to try it, possibly next month.
Something interesting to note, I have received now $125 in gift cards to restaurants since January 1st. Now I am considering this to be an acceptable form of not paying to eat and so eating off the cards, but that has raised some questions. In my college town, there is often free coupons for Chick-Fil-A or cups of coffee given without purchase required. I was planning on considering these coupons to be placed on the NO list, and I was just going to give them away. Yet, now I want to get some feedback to see what you guys think. Let me know, do "free without purchase" coupons apply? Should I house the gift cards for a year? Give me some feedback people!

1 comment:

  1. one whole year of not eating out???!!! holy cow.
    i think you should use the gift cards and gift certs. you're not spending any money so what's the problem?

    ReplyDelete