Saturday, January 16, 2010

Automatic Out of The Blog Reply

I think there should be an unwritten natural law that states that after any serious health issue, one should not be able to get sick until that person is fully healed. That said person is of course me, and my complaint is that I just am not sure if it is regular sickness (sinus cold), or snifflies accompanying extreme head pressure (from this bipolar weather). So I have been MIA for a few days of posting, maybe just 2 days.
Yet, don't worry Readers, I have a big day planned with lots of food related ventures. I should have a handful of posts for this weekend. Hopefully they will be fun!
Yesterday, I spent the morning in bed, and that turned into the afternoon in bed too. At 1pm, I had to take the hubs to work and then run by the bank to drop off some $$. I had not eaten yet, and as I am driving away from the bank. what lies in front of me but a Subway, McDonalds, BoJangles and you know the gods were against me when I could even see that the Hot Light was on at the Krispie Kreme! It is hard to walk away from a routine of $$ received = edible treat.
When I was 14 I got my first job to help my mom and I be able to support ourselves. every other Friday when my paycheck came in I would give my mom my check except for money pulled out for cookies. When my mom would get her check, we could be mounds in debt, and yet we would still go to a nicer place to eat that night. Yesterday, I was hungry, not feeling well and knew I still had to drive back home and then make something to eat, which I did, but was I ever sore about it.
I did get to eat out last night however. I dropped the kid off at his Grammy & Poppa's (hence forward to be known as) house, and I lingered around (not to eat) to possibly play a game of Phase 10. We did not play, but they did take the kid and I to go eat at a local joint named Bell's. I have not eaten at Bell's in YEARS, and it was just as good as I remembered and the portions were insane. I got a 3 piece fried chicken meal with fries and a baked potato. The kid got a VAT of popcorn shrimp and fried okra. I was able to bring back half of my meal and the kids for the hubs and we could not finish our leftovers. Quality, right?
Look for the next few posts with fun food stuff, sorry for the delay. Good eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment