Monday, January 18, 2010

Bust or No Bust?

If you really know me you will be disappointed that this is not me griping about my lack there of, but rather trying to figure out if this weekend was a bust or not. I built up quite a bit of stuff that I would be doing/attending, and some of it happened, but not much of it. I did eat from Friday to Monday, my white noodle contraption 4 times, but since that is neither exciting or healthy, let's move along.
Saturday I did go to the Women's Expo, but it was a huge disappointment. I arrived one hour after it started (it is suppose to be a drop-by event, not all day attendance) and all of the services like pedicures, manicures, waxing and massages were booked for the rest of the day (ended at 3:30pm, I arrived at 11:30am). There were no cooking demonstrations, and the tables were more local organizations or individuals hawking their ware. I would not be frustrated if I had not had to pay $5 to attend. My only comfort was later hearing that the money was going to a local charity. There was even a booth for dog training, which to me was not the best venue for the local women of my city. More than once I heard screaming, as in, "Get that dog away from me"!
I was planning on meeting some friends there but sent quick notes that this was not the best use of our time or money, and then because I was their personal financial saviors... I was treated to lunch at Last Resort, where I had fried ravioli w/ tomato sauce. Here are the hands (at lunch)that hold me up when I'm down, or in times of serious need for pasta not covered in my white sauce.
That night I convinced the hubs to play beer drinking games with me at the house. It is hard to live in a college town and have a drinking lifestyle as I did and to give up drinking downtown, especially when my friends were downtown most of the weekend. Readers, two person drinking card games are few and far between. We played gauntlet where you put your card against your forehead without looking and guess who has the higher card, incorrect guess drinks. It was pretty fun, but why we did not play quarters will remain one of the great mysteries of all time.
On Sunday, I woke up with the intention to make muffins for the woman who bought me lunch the day before and drop them off to her, but I slept too late and all I could bring her was a movie and a surprise visit. The day turned into homework and playing with the kid. That night I went over to Fievel's Moms' house for games, Golden Globes award show, and spaghetti dinner.
Monday morning I made this....

it is suppose to be Banana Nut Muffins, but I do not have a muffin tin, so it's more like BN cake, but with some tabs of butter (REAL butter), it was pretty good! Then the boys and I went bowling (which was $25 for us to bowl one game, I have become a cheapskate in this venture of mine) & played arcade games. We heated up some frozen pizzas for dinner & called it a night. Overall, not too shabby a weekend, even if I did not do everything I planned, and still wished I had attended the Effie's Chili Cookoff & Show, there was much quality time with quality food (and white noodle meals)!

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm missing the white noodle reference...

    Anyways, I also made banana nut muffins, but mine were in a loaf pan with chocolate chips.

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just that White bowl of noodles I make, there is a post about it simply called white bowl of noodles. I could (and somethimes do) eat them every day. It is not good food though, in any sense of that term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's still better than a weekend where the most notable thing(s) you did was to go to church and wal-mart.

    ReplyDelete