Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dinner Party!

Readers, do you ever feel just too lucky for words? I am on a weekend high right now (part of which will be my post following this one). Saturday night I went to the Big City of my state for a dinner party to celebrate some of the people I love in my life. I got to hang with some of my favorite folks; Megadeath, Teece, Leece, E-Poo (who is going to hate that, but I feel like as a nickname for this blog will make more people happy than that one person mildly irritated), The Jam, and KR the first (I do want to add that most of these nicknames are not mine, but the London Lady's). Keeping with this blog, I think those above named folks liked the food I brought too!
This is truly a starred event in the history of my life because I have NEVER cooked food for a potluck or dinner party before. Readers, for some of you this may be a big surprise and you are thinking to yourself, "oh, yes you did when you made..." Sorry, that was a sham. It was an untruth. It came in a pre-made box, a microwave, or more than likely... Kroger! (My only exception, those mac n' cheese cupcakes for winter bookclub 2008) I am sorry if this hurts any of you, but I am willing to make it up to you by making real food, but I thought the truth should be set free. Oh, I feel better.
There was such good stuff at this dinner party, I mean look at this spread!
There was nacho bean dip, apple pie, really good cookies (Yes, I pocketed a few of those!), potato wedges marinated in something that even though there were bits of green in there, I still ate and enjoyed. Readers, you know what I love about potlucks and dinner parties? It is okay to eat in my favorite style... grazing. Teece & I arrived around 4:30pm, grabbed beer, and then I ate from 5pm continuously until we split at 10:30pm. For 6 hours, I had either a beer or a plate of yumminess in my hand nonstop.
I love how food can be a medium for celebration. I thought one of the hardest parts (and yes I still do struggle with this and probably will all year long) of this would be a loss of social contact because of how food is used as social function, in my life, THE social function. Food gatherings are the town hall meetings of my life. Food makes me happy, friends make me feel my best, combined is where our lives are lived. Saturday night I celebrated the coming together of people I love, to praise the future, each other and our food.

No comments:

Post a Comment