Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back at The Globe


Yes readers, I made my return to a bar, moreso one of the my favorite bars, The Globe. Now it's no surprise since Esquire magazine named in one of the best bars in America (http://www.esquire.com/bestbars/bb-Globe), and I could always rationalize that if I could not buy a beer there, I could always go for one of my all-time, top 5 favorite dishes, the penne pasta with chicken. Wait one minute! No, I can't! Why am I at this bar? Are these people at the table with me worth the internal struggling I am experiencing as I look at the chalk menus hanging above the fireplace that reveal that the tomato Gorgonzola cheese soup is on special?

I guess so, because I spent a about an hour drinking water and looking at iPhone pictures, just generally being around the folks I care about, which is always worth having to watch shapely pints of Guinness being poured all around you.

On another added note, I returned to work after the big brain sabbatical, and while I am at half days for the first month, it did a number on yours truly! When I began to make my sandwich for lunch around 1:30pm, I thought I would fall asleep in my Miracle Whip. Luckily my kid is brilliant enough to require little homework help from me, and was kind enough to help me with dinner. We made garlic spaghetti with turkey meat. The kid made garlic bread rather ingeniously as he melted butter in in a bowl the microwave and then added garlic salt. He took the bread slice I gave him and "stamped' them into the bowl. i thought it was clever as hell and not the typical giant mess I make of things. We had 3 folks join us for dinner and leftover fudgy pie, which is not as good as leftovers, but i do like the company and maybe the thought of cooking for other... maybe. Company = yes, Cooking for others = not too much, kinda stressful.
Overall, I made it another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment