Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And the Winner is...

ME!!!!
I went to Full Contact Trivia hosted by, probably the Athenian we have known the longest, Bobby (http://flagpole.com/Weekly/EverydayPeople/BobbyNettles.27May09). The hubs is a trivia buff and has been playing trivia weekly since we moved here in 2002. We used to bring the kid to the bars where Bobby hosted trivia when he was 3 years old (what happens when you have kids too young, you don't know they are not suppose to be in bars) and he would request Pink Floyd or Def Leppard songs (oh, precocious 3 year olds). So, last night I decided to go along to trivia with the hubs to get out of the house, and to say hello to Bobby (who is so muscly now, for my female readers that are interested, wink, wink). I am not at the table for 5 minutes before the other team players' meals begin to come out. Now I am not hungry, but the food at this place looks so good, and as Hubs orders a sweet tea, I pretty much feel like this is not going to be as much fun as I thought it would be. Readers, I even get an eye roll from the waitress as I only order water, I wish I could grab her hand and say, "but I will still be tipping you"! Time goes by, the hubs orders Brunswick Stew with the prettiest little piece of toast on top. I am mildly listening to the trivia questions as I stare at people's Barbie (pink) coleslaw dishes and massive hoagies, until Bobby asks for famous nicknames, "She was known as the Port Arther Rose"? Readers, I used to sing my mom to sleep every night with the songs of Janis Joplin, and she remains one of my favorite singers in the world, so of course I nailed this (and steered the hubs away from an answer of Willie Nelson {who was mentioned in Big Love this week}, & who is not a "she")! However, I was the only one in the room to do so! So, I was the big winner and guess what I got Readers!!!
A free pitcher of beer!!! I took a picture with my cell phone (and as soon as I figure out how to get it off of there it's coming up here) and proceeded to drink my free beers! I was so excited and Bobby even gave me a brain surgery shout out, and let folks know that for a quarter, I would even show you my scar. Readers, that offer is still on the table too. Needless to say with all the exclamation marks, I was pretty excited.

3 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE this entry! Congrats on the win...So Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fact for me... Port Arthur is just south of Beaumont and where I go see the Mardi Gras parade every year. I can't seem to get anyone to take me to the Joplin museum though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an awesome night. My Barbie coleslaw was freaking awesome too.

    ReplyDelete