Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Housewarming!


I can say that in the last days leading up to the HW party that the hubs and I began to get a little nervous and I would even be honest enough to say a little regretful about the housewarming. First, we have the capacity to be little socially awkward, not so much me, but I am not one of those people who are able to negotiate multiple friend groups. Readers, you know how you have different sects of friends, and they may not know each other, or your typical themes of conversation may not be the same, maybe if you are like me, YOU may not even be the same person around each of your different friend groups. Well,, I struggle with that. The hubs struggles with all aspects of sociability and resorted to the porch & early drinks.
However, the party was a hit. The hub's fam stayed on the couches, the kids played upstairs, my lot hit the backyard. My secret weapon of masterful brilliance of social director-ness, somewhere Weezy is smiling upon his lady.
Readers, as you know one can not have a HW party without some food, and so Tmom and I devised the prefect mid-day snacks for folks to munch on.
I even made and ate two different types of salads! Okay, you got me, they were fruit salad and tomato & bacon pasta salad, but I still made them!
Readers, I can also tell that I am getting a reputation, whether warranted or not, towards cooking as I got some great loot for my kitchen! Including the measuring cup you see above that I have used every day since, even if one of those days it was just to water the lily from Fievel's moms.

I did not even know those two things above existed. They are a cookbook holder (Teece) and a recipe journal (with some pre-loaded recipes from The Good Woman). I just felt very lucky, not to just have this amazing house, but to also have all these people to fill it with. We even lucked out and had Mr. Hulk come in from Boston to spend the weekend with us. I was so excited to see him, that I am pretty sure that my initial hug seemed like a drunken one. Readers, if you have ever received one of those, you just how utterly intense it is, if you have not, it is something to look forward to in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Cooking and you have a flower to take care of! *Tear, sniffle* I'm so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you both are GREAT hosts...it was SUCH a good day <3

    ReplyDelete