Thursday, March 11, 2010

10 minute meals


I am a fan of these. Quite honestly, they only feed about two of us, so when the kid and I have to fend for ourselves for dinner, and I am still not in the swing of actually making it everyday, but alas can not eat out, we Bertolli it up. There is not a single Bertolli bag meal I do not like (though I do pre-pick out some of the vegetables). I bought one of every "flavor/style" when Publix had them on sale for $3.50 a bag (they are usually around $7-8). They have been the biggest help since I have not been cooking my own meals up lately. Two night ago (last night I simply ate Blue Box mac n' cheese because we played board games until 8pm without noticing), we tried the Chianti Braised Beef and Rigatoni. I was so impressed, did I pick out the yellow peppers? Yes, some of them.
I also like all the chicken styles, and where the boys can not eat them everyday (probably because they can not eat Italian food everyday either), I could/can/do. I KNOW this is not cheating but sometimes it does seem like I am doing this cooking thing wrong. I really only know about 5 meals to make for regular dinners. Those are as follows:

  • Sheppard's Pie
  • Spagetti with meat
  • Chicken baked in barbq sauce
  • White bowl (which no one else eats but me)
  • ... that might be it.

Yes, I have recieved recipe books but they can be daunting. With new recipes, I am trying to stick with trying them out on the weekends. So, besides for continuously loving on these Bertolli meals, Readers, what is your staple quick fix dinner, say for a family of 3?

3 comments:

  1. Hey have you looked at the Everyday Food website? They have meals that are usually just a few ingredients and quick to put together. Still might require some forethought for grocery planning, but well-worth a look around their site:
    http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you guys tried homemade pizza? Its actually super easy and relatively cheap. We love hotdogs as a quick dinner :) and if you want to explore, Publix has this AWESOME burbon-basted (?) salmon fillets. Jason doesn't eat salmon and even he loved it. Throw it over some rice and maybe some ... un-vegetables :) and wa-la!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about Sophie? Or Veronica? I think both of those names are both sassy AND classy. just think that over.

    ReplyDelete