Monday, February 1, 2010

My First Guest Blogger!!

Hi, this is Christina from Down and Out Chic and a little birdie told me that someone special is having a birthday really soon and that her one wish is to receive a handy new apron! Because I like to feel useful and because you rarely find me without an opinion, I compiled a little list to help the shopper of aforementioned apron in his quest to find the perfect one. Now, when it comes to aprons there are a bazillion options: cotton, linen, canvas, oil cloth, half, full, with pockets, sans pocket, etc. etc. You get my point. I'm not a huge fan of oilcloth, probably because I don't cook (that's what B's for) but also because I like the comfort of a softer fabric. Below are a few option, both modern and vintage styles to help you get your cook on.

vintage 1930's or 40's cotton apron by plundered $18
momma dorkas by i am dorkas $75
apron vintage style union jack via my gift street £16.50
cafe apron by PataPri $60



Apron with every beat of my heart by Sunshine Designs $28.50
Buttons and Branches half apron via Anthropologie $28
Extra Ingredient Apron via Anthropologie $38
Dahnya Hostess Apron in Lime Damask by Bella Style Boutique $29.95



Dwell Studio aprons via All Modern $44
My personal apron is from Anthropologie and although it will spend way more time hanging on the wall then it will ever spend wrapped around my body, I'm positive that if I ever do have to pick up the spatula, I'll be doing so in style (which will hopefully deter from the meal).
If you're in the market for an apron, I happen to be hosting an apron giveaway on Feb. 26th from Sunshine Designs. Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. DUDE!!! I did NOT like this guest blog cuz it totally ruined what I thought was gonna be my great idea. FAIL. Now I'm not gonna get it for you, so there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favs are from Kitsch & Glam. They are probably the ones on the Anthropologie website. I almost interned for her in Austin, TX. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was going to get you an apron, one like the one Debbie just got me. So there goes part of your present. These are really pretty though. I'll have to take a picture of mine to show you. My friend has a really nice one too that has ruffles and it looks like a long shirt from the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. from the sound of it, it seems like you might not receive an apron after all:( eveyone's going to assume everyone else is getting you one. whoops!

    ReplyDelete