Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthday Wrap-Up including the Surprise!!

Whoa Readers, Whoa! I know it has been a long time, but for amazing reason, which I will make the very last item on here (haha!). It has been over a solid week and I am still not too sure if I have caught up on all that is going on, in fact I know I have not. Since I have not had enough sleep lately, this post will read like a manic coffee cycle from hell. My last post was the Mac n’ Cheese I made on the 31st of January. Since that time, yes, I have eaten out a lot, not paid for a dime of it and it was all for birthday presents.
On Feb 4th, actual Bday, I had Waffle House breakfast with UGAdad, Chinese food lunch with my associate dean, the hubs made insane steaks at the house for me with enough dripping to put in my Blue Box Mac n’ cheese (which I love having drippings in, grossing you out a bit, right?), then downtown drinks with Teece and The Jam.
On Feb. 5th, I had a pot luck Bday party because I am the luckiest girl in the world & have the greatest friends, sorry that you just found out that your friends are not really the greatest because it’s actually My friends that are. Readers, I even made something to eat. Spiral noodles with homemade pesto sauce (what, what!) See? Looks yummy! I got this super choclately cake, with 30 candles on it, and we had such good food. I loved these mushroom stuffed... things (someone please read this post and write what they are) that were from Trader Joe’s, that makes me wonder why don’t we have one of these where I live? We watched the Haiti special on some music channel, talked and just had a good time, I hope!
On Feb. 6th, I spent the day cleaning every little thing out of my outside storage... or wait, the hubs did that, I took a nap. Which was fine bc I was getting ready for my triumphant return to going downtown! I had a house party w/ yes, drinking games, and pictures that were immediately deleted upon the next morning (sorry Fievel’s mom), and then made our way downtown. There was some tasty food at that too! I got a Krispie Kreme donut cake-equse treat, in fact, I got several! The first box was Boston Crèmes with “Happy B-Day KA” written on them. The next 2 boxes were glazed that all had descriptors of me, such as, “bad-ass scar, lifesaver, cool fam”, etc). It was so exciting and I was really touched!
Feb. 7th is Superbowl and I did get to go cheer having friends that are wonderful, and like I already said, the greatest, with no official ties to any teams his year, I got to try both of these without fan guilt. So here are the two cake's at my BarTopShot Beauty's (which is better than Mahjong Mama, in my opinion) house. It was the best cap to the weekend!
But wait, the surprise! Also on Feb. 7th, the hub’s folks took me out for Bday lunch at DePalma’s, and then we drove them by...
Readers, ready for the surprise?
http://www.homes.com/listing/99094217/110_Charles_Court_ATHENS_GA_30605
Our new house!
We found it 11:30pm on Feb. 2, saw it on the 3rd, signed all paperwork & were pre-qualified on the 4th (Best Bday gift Ever!?), we close on the 19th. This is my first house, in fact, (having never done so before because of my young marriage age and the kid’s medical health issues upon birth) yesterday I registered at Target! I really just wanted to use the gun, it made me feel powerful and I scanned tons of kitchen stuff, readers you would be proud!
The next two weeks may be a bit of a blur and rush, but rest assure that I will keep up the posting the best I can!

2 comments:

  1. you registered at target?! i love the gun! i love the stuff! and i'm 4,000 miles from the closest target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the house, Katie!

    ReplyDelete