Thursday, June 3, 2010

ROAD TRIP


Readers, the time is upon me & I am in need of your guidance and help! My fam is planning not only our first EVER family vacation, but it also happens to be a road trip. We are heading out of the Classic City heading to D.C. (for some historical site seeing & museums) to Boston (for the same-ish) to NH (for my sweet, smart-assed {smart being the operative word} cousin's graduation), and then back down.We're talking a total of around 50 hours of car time.

Now I love road trips, but I am one of the people who can read, eat, sleep, sing off key, and more in the car. Plus I love finding little mom & pop places to eat. And so now you see my conundrum, how do you pack a small car for a road trip while not dinning out?

I need suggestions for car-packed food! I head out in less than 2 weeks. I need some pre-planning.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's definitely time to think creatively! You'll need snacks for your time in the car, think trail mix (for protein), whole fruit, bags of dried fruit, dark chocolates (Trader Joes has a great package of 100 calorie dark choc bars!), maybe some bags of no-utensil friendly cereal? Such as granola, frosted mini wheats, etc.

    As far as packing meals? Why not load up a cooler in your trunk? When the ice starts to melt, you can fill up again at the nearest gas station. Think lunch meats for sandwiches, pre-made pasta salads, tabouli salads, you could even pack something fancy like caprese salad for the road.

    All in all, I think it's totally doable. Have a lovely time on your trip--good luck!

    ED

    ReplyDelete